I love marketing. The connection of creative people, touching and influencing people.
This was enlightening from the Ad Contrarian
So here we go — 10 facts, direct from the real world:
1. E-commerce in 2014 accounted for 6.5 percent of total retail sales.
2. 96% of video viewing is currently done on a television. 4% is done on a web device.
3. In Europe and the US, people would not care if 92% of brands disappeared.
4. The rate of engagement among a brand’s fans with a Facebook post is 7 in 10,000. For Twitter it is 3 in 10,000.
5. Fewer than one person in a thousand clicks on a standard banner ad.
6. Over half the display ads paid for by marketers are unviewable.
7. Less than 1% of retail buying is done on a mobile device.
8. Only 44% of traffic on the web is human.
9. One bot-net can generate 1 billion fraudulent digital ad impressions a day.
10. Half of all U.S online advertising – $10 billion a year – may be lost to fraud.