I am not in my twilight years but half my life is over.
More than half should I not live to be 100?
A few of my favorite things:
- Keurig – the fabulous machine that brings me a single cup of perfectly brewed coffee, devine. We upgraded late last year and they have added coding to the K-cups. It is complicated to brew some of my favorites but my MacGyver has created a work about and all is well. The oldest boy once wrote a paper on his hero Angus MacGyver. Same boy wrote another on his favorite vacation memory – Stonewall Kitchen store.
- Missouri Star Quilt – Jenny (I feel we are friends) reminded me know it was fine to sew with a mistake or two, the joy is in the sewing. I have been sewing for years and still learn from her video’s.
- The puppy. I sometimes ponder, why did we get another dog? It is the greeting when you come home – doesn’t matter if you were gone a hour or days. The wagging, the singing, the joy. The house is empty of boys now, their childhood dog is gone, this rescue dog is happy, young, spirited and brings a smile to everyone. He is a family dog, everyone is his favorite. He roams about and visits with all, everyone is his master.
- Yankee Candles – I love the spice scents. Sweet and flowery are not to my taste, the Christmas cookie scent just makes me hungry. Once on a shopping trip to the outlets I purchased a candle topper. May not be the correct term. It is a metal thingy that goes on the large jars. Amazing, the candles now burn evenly and down to the bottom. I have tried others (many) and still go back to this brand. Tried and true. Currently enjoying the mountain lodge scent. My all time favorite was autumn lodge, a piney scent with just a touch of pipe scent. It brought back fond memories of my grandfather, Yankee you should bring this back – please!
- Longaberger pottery coffee mugs. I like to cradle my mug, hold it for warmth in my hand and these are my favorites. The pattern I have is retired, looks like they have some stunning new colors, love the paprika.
It is the simple things in life.